Weeklong curfew for Salt Lake City
Following protests this past weekend in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall has ordered a second curfew. This curfew will go into effect each night at 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day. It will run from June 1-8. Only mandatory employees should be on campus during this time. Clinical employees at University of Utah Health should consult with their supervisors. Information relevant to the campus community will be updated on alert.utah.edu as it becomes available.
Information from the city is available via the Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office.
- For campus police or courtesy escorts call 801-585-2677.
- Students in Housing and Residential Education with urgent needs should call the Peterson Heritage Center Information Desk at 801-587-2000.
- Download the SafeUT app to request help.
- Counseling and support services are also available from several entities on campus. These include:
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute crisis line: 801-587-3000 (available 24/7)
- Center for Student Wellness (victim-survivor advocates, bystander intervention training): 801-581-7776
- University Counseling Center: 801-581-6826
- Women’s Resource Center: 801-581-8030
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action: 801-581-8365
- Office of the Dean of Students: 801-581-7066 The campus community is also encouraged to visit the website safeu.utah.edu, which has comprehensive information about how to report incidents, where to get support and other resources and safety training available at the U.